I belive that this is an inaccurate depiction of teenagers. The media has linked this anti social stigma with all teenagers but this is not nesscarily the case. Throughout TV shows and movies there are depictions of teenagers as very antisocial and distant from the reality of the world, this is also seen in this advertisement, but I belive that some teenagers are like this but definately not all.
I believe not all teenagers are like this, although this anti-social self centred depiction may be realistic for some teenagers this is not the case for the majority. I believe that the time of being a teenager is when people rely mainly on their friends for support and there for can come across as anti social when talking with adults. As with the idea that teenagers rely a lot on texting and technology for entertainment I agree with this statement as in the 21st century technology is used for entertainment and communicating, this may also be a reason for why the anti-social stigma.
This is a major generalisation of teenagers in todays society. Lyrics .for reference. and i couldnt think of anything else to write :)
How've ya been? Good. How's ya job? Good. How's college going? Good. All hunky dory? Yep. You goin' out tonight? Yep. Ya gonna see ya friends? Yep. Ya gonna have a good catchup? Yep. Well that should be great! Yep.
Where'd you go? No where. Who'd you see? No one. What'd you do? Nothin'. Did you have a good time? Yep. What's on tonight? Nothin'. You're not seeing your mates? Nup. You're just staying at home? Yep. What'd you do? Nothin'.
You feelin' alright? Yep. How's your ankle? Good. When's your exams? Dunno. Have you done much study? Nup. What's on tomorrow? Dunno. Are you playing cricket? Dunno. Are you enjoying cricket? Sort of. Sort of 'ay? Yep.
How's you girlfriend? Good. She away this week? Yep. Oh well you must be missing her. Yep. Have you rung her yet? Nup. Well I'll catch you later. Yep. Don't get too stressed. Nup. What's on tomorrow? What? What's on tomorrow? Nothin'.
I think this a "tongue in cheek" depiction of a minority (thank goodness)of teenagers today.
I make an effort to connect with a lot of teenagers as they are and have always been a very good barometer for guageing current acceptance levels to a range of issues - importantly environment, political and social issues. They are for want of a better term at the coal face, they are living it, experiencing it, in the present, that is they are still soaking up what is going on around them at a much higher rate than both groups a decade older and a decade younger than them.
therefore when we are making "wise" decisions if we take into account the feed back that MOST teenagers will give if asked the same set of Questions, Our decisions that relate to current issues on all levels will be better, and probably more apt to deal effectively with issues relating to socially accepted behavour, communication and relationships.
I propose that a SAC group should record an interview asking the same questions and give some group derived responses that might assist in changing this "generally accepted" version of our current teenagers.
Fight for your right not to be typecast - if in fact you dont like it!!
Good on you Mr Benson :) I agree. I think you'll find most teenagers are rather loud and talkative but sometimes they are only like this around their peers as they rely on their friends more than their family at this stage in their life. This is why there is a huge stereotype on teenagers and their lack of enthusiasm and this clip is a massive exaggeration!
Although I did think this was a bit of a laugh I do not think that it's an entirely accurate portrayal of teenagers today. It really focuses on the way teens can appear quite uncommunitative but this is very one sided because most teens aren't like this. But I do agree with the way teenagers are obsessed with technology and how this can affect relationships.
I think not all teenagers are like this because some like to suck up to their parents and get their way so they dont talk like that. But others do talk like this so its pretty much just an equal divide.
I don't think that all teenagers act like this unless they don't want to talk to an adult or if they are doing something else like listening to music. I find that boys are normally worse than girlsas girls normally don’t bother to respond.
I think this is a big generalisation of adolescents in society today. Some teenagers act in this manner, but I personally believe it depends on the strength of the relationship between the adult and the teenager. The closer the bond the more likely the teen is going to open up. I think each teenager will relate better to someone within their own gender.
A really good range of views guys! I think Mr B is onto something with the survey idea - anyone like to run with that one? Our aim in SAC is to become socially and culturally literate and be able to both analyse and form a more informed view than that provided by a stereotype.
I belive that this is an inaccurate depiction of teenagers. The media has linked this anti social stigma with all teenagers but this is not nesscarily the case. Throughout TV shows and movies there are depictions of teenagers as very antisocial and distant from the reality of the world, this is also seen in this advertisement, but I belive that some teenagers are like this but definately not all.
ReplyDeleteI believe not all teenagers are like this, although this anti-social self centred depiction may be realistic for some teenagers this is not the case for the majority. I believe that the time of being a teenager is when people rely mainly on their friends for support and there for can come across as anti social when talking with adults. As with the idea that teenagers rely a lot on texting and technology for entertainment I agree with this statement as in the 21st century technology is used for entertainment and communicating, this may also be a reason for why the anti-social stigma.
ReplyDeleteThis is a major generalisation of teenagers in todays society. Lyrics .for reference.
ReplyDeleteand i couldnt think of anything else to write :)
How've ya been?
Good.
How's ya job?
Good.
How's college going?
Good.
All hunky dory?
Yep.
You goin' out tonight?
Yep.
Ya gonna see ya friends?
Yep.
Ya gonna have a good catchup?
Yep.
Well that should be great!
Yep.
Where'd you go?
No where.
Who'd you see?
No one.
What'd you do?
Nothin'.
Did you have a good time?
Yep.
What's on tonight?
Nothin'.
You're not seeing your mates?
Nup.
You're just staying at home?
Yep.
What'd you do?
Nothin'.
Yep, yep, nothin', nothin', sort of, dunno, nowhere, good,
yep, nup, dunno, no one, sort of, dunno, nothin'.
You feelin' alright?
Yep.
How's your ankle?
Good.
When's your exams?
Dunno.
Have you done much study?
Nup.
What's on tomorrow?
Dunno.
Are you playing cricket?
Dunno.
Are you enjoying cricket?
Sort of.
Sort of 'ay?
Yep.
Yep, yep, nothin', nothin', sort of, dunno, nowhere, good,
yep, nup, dunno, no one, sort of, dunno, nothin'.
How's you girlfriend?
Good.
She away this week?
Yep.
Oh well you must be missing her.
Yep.
Have you rung her yet?
Nup.
Well I'll catch you later.
Yep.
Don't get too stressed.
Nup.
What's on tomorrow?
What?
What's on tomorrow?
Nothin'.
I think this a "tongue in cheek" depiction of a minority (thank goodness)of teenagers today.
ReplyDeleteI make an effort to connect with a lot of teenagers as they are and have always been a very good barometer for guageing current acceptance levels to a range of issues - importantly environment, political and social issues. They are for want of a better term at the coal face, they are living it, experiencing it, in the present, that is they are still soaking up what is going on around them at a much higher rate than both groups a decade older and a decade younger than them.
therefore when we are making "wise" decisions if we take into account the feed back that MOST teenagers will give if asked the same set of Questions, Our decisions that relate to current issues on all levels will be better, and probably more apt to deal effectively with issues relating to socially accepted behavour, communication and relationships.
I propose that a SAC group should record an interview asking the same questions and give some group derived responses that might assist in changing this "generally accepted" version of our current teenagers.
Fight for your right not to be typecast - if in fact you dont like it!!
Good on you Mr Benson :)
ReplyDeleteI agree.
I think you'll find most teenagers are rather loud and talkative but sometimes they are only like this around their peers as they rely on their friends more than their family at this stage in their life. This is why there is a huge stereotype on teenagers and their lack of enthusiasm and this clip is a massive exaggeration!
i dont agree that this is a massive exaggeration kate. i have to say that i have done what this guy does alot and seen a few of my frnds do the same
ReplyDeleteAlthough I did think this was a bit of a laugh I do not think that it's an entirely accurate portrayal of teenagers today. It really focuses on the way teens can appear quite uncommunitative but this is very one sided because most teens aren't like this. But I do agree with the way teenagers are obsessed with technology and how this can affect relationships.
ReplyDeleteI think not all teenagers are like this because some like to suck up to their parents and get their way so they dont talk like that. But others do talk like this so its pretty much just an equal divide.
ReplyDeleteI don't think that all teenagers act like this unless they don't want to talk to an adult or if they are doing something else like listening to music. I find that boys are normally worse than girlsas girls normally don’t bother to respond.
ReplyDeleteI think this is a big generalisation of adolescents in society today. Some teenagers act in this manner, but I personally believe it depends on the strength of the relationship between the adult and the teenager. The closer the bond the more likely the teen is going to open up. I think each teenager will relate better to someone within their own gender.
ReplyDeleteA really good range of views guys! I think Mr B is onto something with the survey idea - anyone like to run with that one? Our aim in SAC is to become socially and culturally literate and be able to both analyse and form a more informed view than that provided by a stereotype.
ReplyDelete